Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recovering Lebanese Nationality
01-15-2014, 08:51 AM
Recovering Lebanese Nationality
The Objective is to encourage and assist Kfarsghabis in recovering the Lebanese Nationality.

There are some associations helping Lebanese Christians to do this. How we contact them and organize the process?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2014, 09:37 PM
RE: Recovering Lebanese Nationality
There is a serious problem regarding Kfarsghabis willingness to recover the Lebanese Nationality.

I believe that the problem isn’t from the associations that are dedicated to this task - there is no shortage to these or funding – rather we are not responding to their call:

For example -
The Maronite Foundation (backed by the Patriach) visited Australia to encourage and assist Maronites to recover their Lebanese Nationality.

Some links:
http://www.registerlebnani.com/
http://www.registerlebnani.com/PDF/Flier...-FLyer.pdf

I met with the The Maronite Foundation after their visit to hear their update. Even though they met many people, and received support… the conversion rate was lower much much lower than their expectations, and much much lower than our peers (villages around Kfarsghab).

In a nutshell, the top-down approach from The Maronite Foundation had little success. So I thought there may be a possibility in the Bottom-Up approach. So I proactively met with Monsignor Shora Maree when he visited Lebanon in late 2012. We discussed this topic at length and he acknowledged its importance. Suggested Next Step: I encourage community members in Australia to raise this issue with him again, and join hands in developing a task force. Let us know how we can support remotely.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Maronite Foundation_Register Lebnani_English-Flyer.pdf (Size: 410.18 KB / Downloads: 1)
Quote this message in a reply